Yes, baby sister will be here soon. This preganancy has been very different from the boys. First I battled morning sickness, followed by jet lag, flu and a cold after returning home from our Mediterranean cruise. I was still nursing Hunter during the first trimester and eventually became physically and emotionally depleted. In March we were hit with what was probably the swine flu. It kept us in our beds at home for weeks. Yuck! After that I had bronchitis and a sinus infection. All the coughing was not a good combination with a pregnant belly. Lets just say I was running to the bathroom often. Finally, and thankfully, all that has passed. One benefit is that I haven’t gained much weight so I’m not really big or too uncomfortable. Now that the whole family is well I’m busy nesting and getting ready for baby’s arrival. My due date is July 1 or 2. I’ve been 1 to 4 days late with the boys so I’m hoping she’ll arrive on Mike’s birthday, July 3.Her car seat is installed in the van, the nursery is painted, crib bedding in place, newborn clothes washed and ready. The refrigerator is loaded with kid snacks for the times I need to rest and grandparents are on call to take the boys on a moment's notice. Now if we can just make it to the hospital in time.
Hunter's dinner time activity is emptying the kitchen cabinet and climbing in. Since I've been feeling well we've had swim play-dates, taken the boys to the San Diego Zoo, spent most weekends on Habanero (link at the right has updated family photos) and play outside a lot.

Uncle J.D. has made a few visits recently. Here he was holding the boys up to slam dunk in their little basketball hoop.

No comments:
Post a Comment