Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our First Camping Trip


We took a spontaneous camping trip with our good friend the Deleckis. We were blessed with a beautiful tent campsite under large shade trees that overlooked a fish pond.

For ten years Mike has insisted we hang onto his camping gear junior high because we might use it "someday". Well, someday finally came and the camping gear worked out great!

Fisher found a mask and snorkel in one of the tent bags. He walked around announcing I Diver.
Hunter was perfectly contect snuggling with daddy morning, noon and night.

Fisher and Caleb are graet friends and like true boys, they love to wrestle.

At Lake Cuyamaca Chelsie and I put our babies in backpacks on our back and went for a walk while the boys were fishing. We brought Bosun along for what I thought would be short, pleasant walk. When I noticed we were getting far away from our starting point I asked how much further she planned to go. Chelsie said "honey, at this point it would be the same to walk the rest of the way around the lake, or turn back". So, on we went, under a barbed wire where I tore my pants and nearly lost Hunter out of the backpack. Near the end Bosun was so exhausted I ended up carrying a wet and dirty little dog. We were quite proud of ourselves when we finally saw the guys again.

No comments: