Saturday, July 11, 2009

07.08.09 A Day to Celebrate


Sailor Hope Saad
Sailed into our lives at 5:36am on July 8, 2009
8 pounds, 9 ounces, 20 1/2 inches

We all stayed in San Diego together for an entire week awaiting her birth. On Tuesday Mike went home to El Centro to check-in at the office. Tuesday night my mom insisted the boys and I stay with her at her beach house instead of on the boat alone. It was a good thing we did because about 12:30am I began having contractions, and it was the real thing! Mike's first night home I called about 1:30am to let him know it was time to return to San Diego. We were having a baby!

Big brother Fisher. Hunter couldn't hold still long enough to take a picture. Hunter climbed up the side of her bassinette to take a look, said "bee bee" then took off to play. Fisher had lots of questions and especially wanted to see her feet.

Proud grandparents George and Sohair left their home near Temecula around 3:00am to get there in time for her birth.

Pa (John) drove up from El Centro around 2:30 am. Gee Gee's got a neighbor to sit with the boys from the time we left, about 3:20am until Pa arrived at about 4:30 so she could drive me to the birth center. The good news: we made it in time and I only had two contractions during the drive, one of which she pulled over to the side of the street for. What an improvement!!!

More good news... when we arrived at the birth center I was 9.5cm dialated. Yea! Mike arrived at the birth center just minutes after we checked in. Although I was nearly ready to push the midwife allowed me to labor in the tub for a while with Mike sitting nearby. After a relaxing hour of enjoying the warm water and quite time with my hubby she pulled me out and said it was probably time to push. The baby was already at station 1 (I think that means about 25% descended). In a few "quick" pushes she arrived at 5:36am.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on Sailor's arrival. We did think she might be called Marina but guessed wrong. Looking forward to seeing more photos of her. Hope you are all well.